Eat your way fit!

Eat your way fit!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Goals

Today I want to talk about goals.  Goals are what drives us forward and pushes us to become more. I think it is important to set goals and write them down so that you can visualize them everyday! Some of our goals may be bigger than others, but it's important to do something everyday to work toward them!


 

If you have a goal to lose weight then write it down. Put it up on the refrigerator, in your bedroom, and on your door so that you see it everyday.  Saying you want to do it and doing it is totally different.  If losing weight is your goal then figure out how you are going to do that. 

One thing may be to eat better. Cut out white flour, excess sugar, and fast food.  That's a great step in the right direction.  If you want quicker results then try Clean Eating. It really is amazing and gives you so much energy and quicker results.  Wouldn't it be nice to have more energy and lose fat?  I am a huge believer in clean eating and promise if you try it for 30 days you will never go back.  Clean eating has been a staple in my house for quite some time and I never crave fast food or highly processed food.  It is a life changer for sure.  If you are interested in trying a Clean Eating program with 30 days of menu's and shopping lists go here: 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge.  You can register on EventBrite here! Registration!

Another thing you could do is to become more active and workout.  You can start by walking and work up to running as well as adding a functional fitness routine.  I suggest doing a boot camp or group class program.  You will have trainers and other people pushing you and it is fun.  If you are local to Eustis, Florida check out ASM Fitness.

I want to talk about my goals.  I have big big goals.  I am very driven by fitness, as most of you may know.  I set fitness goals for myself all the time.  My recent goal was to break 15% body fat and I did it.  I have a new goal of 12%.  I will get there. I know I can do it because I have the mindset that I won't give up and will never stop trying. 


I tell myself every day that I am an Elite Athlete.  That is actually one of my belief cards.  That has always been my dream to excel in something athletic.  In High School I wanted to be part of the weight lifting team.  I went to the opening tryouts and was super intimidated by what I saw.  I was a skinny 115lbs and all the other girls there were 20 plus pounds my weight.  I did not fit in there.  It intimidated me and I did not even try out.  I regret that because I know I could have done something good.  I always wanted to be an athlete but did not know what I was good at. Little did I know it would come later on in life. 

Due to that experience of not even trying out for weight lifting and not having the confidence and mindset that I have today, it has shaped me into who I have become today.  I am an athlete now and I love to workout and push myself.  I always look for the hardest, most brutal workouts to push myself. 

My husband Rick Copley is an elite athlete and super fit and a super fast runner.  I want that too!  I want to be that person that walks into a fitness competition or race and have people stare and become intimidated.  Crazy right?  I believe that I can be an athlete like that and one of my goals is to win a 5K overall female.  Which means I have to run a 19 to 21 minute 5K.  My fastest right now is 24:30 but you better believe I will reach that goal.  I have the best running coach. I also plan on doing the Crossfit Games next year, which means I have a lot of work ahead of me.  I don't do Crossfit on a regular basis but I want to compete anyway.

I think my point is to set goals that you are willing to work toward.  No goal is too big. I believe that whole heartedly. I get up everyday with the mind set that "I can do this, Watch me!"






I think about my goals constantly. sometimes they haunt me at night! Yes I dream and obsess about them. When you can change your mindset from "It's too hard I can't do it" to "I can do this, Watch me" you will see goal after goal being ticked off your list. Try it, I dare you!




To close I want to say this. Imagine with all your mind. Believe with all your heart. Achieve with all your might. Crush those goals!




No comments:

Post a Comment