Eat your way fit!

Eat your way fit!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

All about me!

This is my first blog entry and I just want to introduce myself. This is me!

My name is Teresa and I am 33 years old. I am a mom, a wife, and I love to cook.  Cooking hasn't always been my favorite thing.  4 years ago I found my self overweight, tired, and disgusted with how I looked.  This was me then:

One day at work I was sitting in the chair and noticed I overlapped the chair. Then the same day at home I noticed my clothes were very tight. I was a size 9/10 at that point. I was 150 + pounds and totally disgusted with my appearance.  That was my moment where I knew something had to change.  I was done blaming that weight on babies because my kids were no longer babies.

I admit that at that time I was eating a lot of junk. Fast food, pasta's, white bread, and lots of processed food. I felt terrible, tired and exhausted by noon everyday and fed up with my appearance. I sought out a fitness coach (Little did I know he would become my husband one day) and started working out.  He helped me to focus on my diet and change what I ate. I stopped eating fast food, things with white flour (breads and pasta's), processed foods like sugary cereals and frozen pre-made pasta dinners.  What a difference that made.  I felt so much better, had more energy and I was losing weight.  In no time at all I was down almost 30 pounds.
All that working out (blood, sweat, and tears) and change of diet had a huge effect on me.  It was a life style for me now. I was on a mission to become the best version of me.  Here I was 120 pounds skinny but not satisfied.  I wanted muscle, definition, and not to be the average skinny girl. I know that sounds crazy but I had high hopes for myself. I started on supplements to get the results I wanted. I used Advocare and it changed my world.  Once I started putting supplements in my body along with my good nutrition, my whole world changed.  I felt better than I ever did in my 20's, I have lots of energy, and I packed on 12 pounds of muscle and dropped my body fat from 20% to 17% in 6 weeks.  I was so excited!  Look at my change!
I feel incredible now and I continue to take Advocare (Why wouldn't I?) and eat well because I am loving the changes I am seeing in my body. I am currently down to 15% body fat, which was a huge goal of mine, and I am helping others achieve their goals. I am a size 1/3 now, which was never my goal but it just happened.  I hope to share my love of cooking and recipes with everyone.

I eat 5 to 6 small meals throughout the day. I workout 6 days a week and consume 2000 to 3000 calories per day.  I have turned my body into a fat burning machine through food and supplements.  I have the metabolism of a 20 year old. I hope to pass some of this knowledge to other people.  Here is what my average day of meals looks like.

Breakfast:

 Muscle Gain Whole Wheat Pancakes. I also sometimes do Oatmeal Pancakes topped with peanut butter.

                                                                       or
 Oatmeal with fruit. Yummy. This is filling and so good.


Lunch: 




Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad lettuce wraps and a cucumber salad with corn, tomatoes, and olives.

                                                                           or

Chicken Sausage with Butternut Squash and Couscous. Here is the basic recipe but I add chicken sausage and feta cheese.

                                                                                  or
 Chicken Tortilla Soup. This is a great crock pot meal. I used whole wheat tortilla's to make the strips.



Dinners:

 
Smothered Sweet Potato Wedges. This one is incredible and I made my own Sweet potato wedges instead of store bought! It felt like a cheat meal!
                                                                          or


Stuffed Peppers with Couscous and Butternut Squash and feta cheese. A light cucumber salad on the side.


                                                                             or
Chicken topped with Sweet Peppers, Spinach, and Feta.

Snacks:


Fruit and Sweet Peppers
 A very yummy Meal Replacement Shake from Advocare!


Apples and Natural Peanut Butter.

Prep is key.  Take one day a week and prep your food for the week. It makes life so much easier.


I always make shredded chicken in the crock pot, egg muffins, baked spaghetti squash, fruit, and hard boiled eggs.



This is how I eat on a typical day. More to come with great food and recipes.


To Learn more about a great weight loss system called the 24 Day Challenge watch this:







Teresa Copley, "Lady Guru"
"Changing Lives"
Teresa@yourbestfitnesscoach.com
352-272-2034



No comments:

Post a Comment